It’s 2021, virtual events are here to stay but the events industry is more than ready to go back to live. What’s the solution?
Enter the exciting new era of hybrid events. There is more opportunity than ever before for event organizers to reach new audiences and expand the impact of their events. Hybrid also brings the opportunity for meeting and event organizers to not only think outside the box but lose the box entirely.
The question that has everyone scratching their heads is how do you plan, execute and measure a hybrid event?
- As in-person meetings start picking up momentum again, hybrid meetings will be comprised of a small percentage of in-person attendees and a higher percentage attending virtually. Expect this dynamic to shift over time as we move past the pandemic, but don’t expect virtual to completely disappear.
- As an event planner, it’s more important than ever to be flexible and skilled at planning hybrid experiences that come in all shapes and sizes.
- Let it be said that planning a hybrid event is not without challenges. You’ll need to meet the needs of two distinct audiences at the same time, with different (yet overlapping) experiences. This means coordinating with more vendors simultaneously, including an event technology partner like MeetingPlay who can bridge both audiences and create a virtual environment that is as engaging as the in-person experience.
We’ve created a comprehensive guide to walk you through everything you need to know about hybrid.
Here’s a sneak peek into everything our guide covers:
A hybrid event is a conference, seminar, workshop, tradeshow, festival or other meeting that combines a “live” in-person event with a “virtual” online component. Some planners view hybrid as 2 separate events happening simultaneously, but we believe what makes an event truly hybrid is a common goal and connective, unified audience experience.
Setting Your Hybrid Goals
The first and most important step when planning a hybrid event (or any event) is engage in goal setting. Ask yourself, “What do I want to accomplish with my hybrid event?”
Developing your strategy and timeline
When planning an event experience for two distinct audiences (in-person and virtual), developing a comprehensive plan and timeline is mission critical.
Selecting your Hybrid Venue
To select the right location for your hybrid meeting, factors like number of attendees, capacity, location, service level and cost are still important considerations. Additionally, you should inquire about whether or not the venue has experience in hosting any recent hybrid events.
- Access our suggestions to health and safety standards and regulations surrounding live venues
- Read through our pro tips to use when planning out the live portion of your hybrid event
Hybrid Event Technology Selection
A critical decision when planning a hybrid meeting or event is selecting your hybrid event technology. Choosing the right platform and partner is just as important as the selection of the venue itself.
- Access hybrid tech suggestions that are front runners for your event solutions
- Access pro tips for choosing your platform partner
Communicating with your in-person and virtual attendees before the event or meeting is important to create enthusiasm and educate about the upcoming experience. For virtual attendees, this communication serves to familiarize them with the event microsite, learn about the agenda, presentation topics, and more.
- Access pro tips and client testimonials to use when setting up pre-arrival communication for your in-person attendees
Other topics when planning your hybrid event:
- Food and Beverage
- Hybrid Content Delivery
- Hybrid Event Execution
- Engaging your Hybrid Audience
- Measuring your Hybrid Event’s Impact
Download the full guide to gain access to our full suite of tips and tricks around planning your next hybrid event.
In addition, check out our other hybrid resources
The Benefits of Hybrid Events – Read Now
How Seat Selection Empowered In-Person Attendees to Find Their Safe Place – Read Now
Event Tech for Safer Events – Read Now